Sept 12-14, 2014: Thai Massage – Level 2
Friday, September 12, 2014
9am – 5pm – Training
Saturday, September 13, 2014
10am – 6pm – Training
Sunday, September 14, 2014
10am – 6pm – Training
Prerequisite – Thai Yoga Massage 1
We will review everything we learned in Level 1.
Course content and outline:
Gain 60-70 additional min. of thai massage moves, including side-lying postures Expanded on Acropeutics and become more confident in flying your client How to accommodate common aliments within a massage
About the Training Program: Thai Yoga Massage is a 2,500 old healing art that aligns the practitioner. You will be exploring the Traditional Northern Style Sequence. The 72,000 nadis, or energy channels, in yoga have been distilled down to 10 primary lines in the Thai system. The system of thai massage works these lines throughout our body through, palming, yoga stretches, accupresure, compression, and subtle energy work. When you learn how to implement this system you will bring energy to areas of the body that have been stagnant, release areas that have excess energy, and balance the body, mind and spirit.
This is an entry level class, some of the theory and history will be discussed but primarily you will be learning a full body sequence. The class will be hands on where you will be learning by doing. If you are a yoga teacher you will have new tools to add into your toolbox for hands on assists. Thai Yoga Massage is considered to be lazy man’s yoga, so it gives you the tools to offer a different kind of yoga to your students. However, anyone interested in Healing Arts is welcomed to join.
Over the 3 day 20 hour course, you will learn:
• to effectively help others to better health and well-being
• movement for self care/ keeping you, the practitioner healthy
• some basic flying moves to incorporate into your sequence
• Get 20 NCBTMB Continuing Education Hours
You will receive:
• a certification of completion
• a training manual with the full body bodywork session
• recommend reading and resources
• all props for the workshop will be provided
• There are no prerequisites for the course. Wear yoga like comfortable clothing.
For more information, please contact:
Movement Center Pewaukee
161 Wisconsin Ave.
Pewaukee, WI 53072