Oct 24-26, 2014: Anatomy Trains® Workshop for Manual Therapists
Presented by Eli Thompson
Register Today to Secure a Space!
October 24-26, 2014
Times: Friday: 4pm – 8pm
Saturday: 9am – 5pm
Sunday: 9am – 5pm
18 CEs NCBTMB
One short course … long-lasting results for you!
Set your anatomy knowledge free! Thomas Myers’ Anatomy Trains® weekend intensives are holistic, fun and very useful. Completely transform your view of myofascial anatomy and expand your ability to assess your clients.
The Anatomy Trains concept moves beyond mechanical “cause and affect” actions of muscles to the integrative relational connections of real-life functional movement. This is a revolutionary map for analyzing soft-tissue patterns, and developing strategies for unwinding these patterns via fascial and myofascial work.
Anatomy Trains offers skills that hands-on therapists, regardless of their modality, can use to see their clients more clearly and work more effectively.
The workshop is split into equal time on 1) lecture/presentation, 2) BodyReading™ and postural analysis, and 3) fascial plane and myofascial plane techniques from Tom’s KMI Structural Integration and movement education library.
This course helps you:
– BodyRead your client’s postural and movement patterns with greater accuracy and integration
– Gain access to effective treatment strategies for resolving postural distortions, which may occur some distance from the site of pain or limitation
– Enable you to make distinct changes in your clients’ structure in a few short moves.
– Understand basic properties and connected nature of fascia, and tensegrity applied to fascia and human movement.
– A succinct and relevant introduction to geometry/character of the connective tissue, and the topology of fascial planes
– Be able to identify and trace the 6 major and 6 supplemental fascial meridians along which movement, tension, and postural distortion travel
– Be able to BodyRead™ postural patterns based on analysis of Anatomy Trains lines
– Apply knowledge to construct a bodywork session appropriate for the specific pattern of each client
– This course also serves as a prerequisite for entry in the KMI 500-hour Certification Training
– Illustrated lecture
– Open inquiry atmosphere; questions encouraged; high degree of vitality and humor
– Participants will exchange palpation and practice BodyReading (visual assessment) on one another under supervised analysis of instructor and assistants.
Anatomy Trains workshops are frequently modified for particular audiences, such as yoga or Pilates, and these variations would emphasize the movement implications of these continuities rather than hands-on technique. Please be certain that you are enrolled in the proper format of Anatomy Trains to fit your background and experience.
Eli Thompson has been practicing massage therapy since 1999 and KMI Structural Integration since 2003. In 2005, he became a Certified Teacher of Kinesis. With a background in mechanical engineering, a history of Martial Arts, and a family of five, Eli is effectively able to weave complex scientific theories into the constant movement and humanity of life. He finds satisfaction in conveying to his students “the seamless wonder of our bodies, our minds, and our experience of life itself”.
WAYS TO REGISTER:
- 8 weeks from class date, tuition will be fully refunded minus $100 admin fee
- 4 weeks from class date, tuition will be refunded at 50%
- Cancellations after September 24, 2014 are nonrefundable.