Jun 28, 2011: Franklin Method Pelvic Workshop
Workshop with Mary Ellen York
Movement Center Pewaukee
Tuesday, June 28, 2011
6:30pm – 8pm
Pelvic Power for Core Integration
Course Description: This workshop focuses on the practical application of imagery techniques to increase the power, alignment and flexibility of the pelvic joints and muscles. To balance the action of the joints we will experience the natural bone rhythms in support of healthy function. This, in turn, will increase the safety of the lower back, knees and feet.
• Sacral balance is key to the alignment of the spine and legs. We will experience how the sacrum actually moves as a key to understanding and creating efficient, safe movement.
• Throughout the workshop imagery and language is used that explains the complex subject matter at all levels of experience. Evolutionary logic will provide a fresh and practical understanding of the anatomy and biomechanics of the pelvis. The participants will leave the workshop with a sense of aligned strength through the pelvic floor, the feet firmly balanced and the spine long and buoyant.
• Experience effortless alignment and balance for the whole body through experiential understanding of the pelvic bones and joints.
• Discover and apply the dynamic alignment of the sacrum.
• Learn ball and imagery exercises to train and balance the pelvic joints and muscles.