Jun 21-22, 2014: Aerial Yoga Workshop
June 21-22, 2014
Saturday: 8:30am – 6pm
Sunday: 8:30am – 6pm
Workshop Description: Grow your yoga practice by taking it off the mat and into the air. Flying on silks is an incredible medium to explore yoga asanas. This modality is applicable for those without training in the aerial arts as well as those who are highly skilled on an aerial apparatus. Aerial Yoga blends circus skills with mat based yoga postures to create a moving meditation. Come fly with us!
Aerial skills covered by the course will include:
• Climbing and fun asanas sequences
• History of Aerial Arts
• Fundamentals of Teaching Group Classes
• Teaching Techniques & Methodologies
• Principles & Alignments of all Aerial Yoga
• The Art of Hands-on Adjustments
• Modifications for Injury & Special Populations
• Sequencing and Designing Well-Rounded Classes
Space is limited to 10. This training is appropriate for Yoga & Pilates teachers.